Friday, November 05, 2010

November, Day 5

I am thankful for the time that I have had. I don't have a diagnosis, nor am I being dramatic, but I am thankful for the time that I have had.

Today is my parents 25th Anniversary. My Mom has spent the last ten of them in Heaven.

It is also my StepDad's Mom's (Gram G's) birthday. She would have been somewhere in her mid-90's (SD is 73). She has spent the last ten birthdays in Heaven as well. Yes, it was a crap year - my Mom died in January and my Gram died the following July. Crappy.

I am glad that I was given a second family when my Mom chose to re-marry after my bio-parents divorce. I am glad that this second family accepted my Mom and I with open arms and no hesitation. I have always been proud of my somewhat wacky, overgrown family tree. It just branches out all over the place, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And, I can't talk about one branch without the other, because had my Dad not remarried, I would not have my sister. I can't imagine life without her. She's awesome.

No comments: