Thursday, November 25, 2010

November, Day 25

Today is the BIG DAY. The one day when everybody realizes that they are thankful/appreciative/glad for something or someone. But what about the other days in the year? I hope that people do notice, even if for just a second, that they had something or someone to be thankful for each and every day. It may be something small, or something trivial, or something so profoundly soul shattering that it takes their breath away. Whatever it is, I hope that people stop and notice what they've got, instead of being busy lamenting on what they don't have.

Yes, some of the "don't haves" are pretty profound. I don't have a Mom that is Earthside for me to spend my time with. But, I have gotten to a point in that journey, and it's taken almost the entire ten years she's been gone, that I can sit back and be thankful for the time I did have with her. The same with my Pops - he's been gone just over a year and my family has gone to pot over it, but I am glad that I had him for as long as I did.

Is my situation ideal, no. Would I like to be living differently, yes. But, I am thankful that my husband forgave me and we're figuring it out. We're going forward, and in the end, we'll be better for it.

Today I'm thankful for what I have and what I had, in all it's forms, good and bad. I've taken something away from every person and every experience, and I'm better for it.

No comments: