Saturday, November 27, 2010

November, Day 27

Today I am appreciative of my Mother in Law.

Yes, you read that right, in a world where it seems like people really dislike their MIL more than they like her, I actually am appreciative of mine.

Today we went out on our Annual Craft Fair Treasure Hunt, and we both came home with some goodies. She bought me, as she has for the past dozen years, a Christmas decoration. But that is not why I am appreciative of her.

She doesn't know all the details of our Financial Fall Out earlier this year. She just knows that she lent us some money to pay down some debt, with little background details. She hasn't asked me a thing about it yet. In my mind, she should have driven over here and shaken me by the shoulders demanding to know what in the world was going on in her oldest sons family. She didn't. She won't. She is being respectful of our difficult situation. For that I am thankful, because it is probably just as difficult for me to explain to The Husband's Parents what I did, as it was for me to face him.

In my mind, his parents need to think that we live in a land of bliss, and that the World is grand. I don't need them worrying about what goes on here ... they have enough going on without having to worry about us.

So, for that, and a million other reasons, I do appreciate my Mother in Law.

No comments: