Saturday, November 20, 2010

November, Day 20

Oh what a day it has been ...

This morning we were at a local middle school at 9am for the Annual Tae Kwon Do (TKD) tournament that our school hosts. The kids were scheduled for events at 9:30 (forms) and 10:30 (board breaking). My oldest nephew was also in the board breaking while the two nieces were hanging out with me in the bleachers.

My kids did pretty well, Q got a 2nd place trophy for forms and a 1st for boards. The Bee got a 1st place for forms and a 2nd place for boards. If you are a first place winner, you then qualify for Grand Champion of that competition, going up against all the other winners for age/belt rank.

I am thankful for my children's willingness to try, and to do their best, and to be a good sport even though they did not bring home the six foot trophy that they were aiming for. I am proud of them, because they have something that I will never have, and that is the lack of fear to stand up in front of everyone and to compete.

So, for Q and The Bee, know that Mommy loves you and I am proud of you trophy or no trophy, because you tried and you did your best, and that is all I can ask of you.

No comments: