Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Mmm ... it's National Night Out

and we have fresh blueberry pie, made with the blueberries we picked last week.


Tonight is National Night Out and this is my contribution to dinner with the neighbors. They will supply the pizza, we'll supply the pie and soda, the neighbors across the street will wander on over too ... we'll see how it turns out. I'm hoping the rain will hold off, at least long enough to let the kids play when it's a little cooler. Nothing says oppressive like a heat index near 100, with humidity not too far behind. Can I also say that I look like a chia pet this week?

This is my attempt at creating a little slice of neighborliness (is that a word?) on my street. I like where I live, and I like my neighbors, it's just that they all get home and go inside, only to come back out the next morning to go back to work. It was two years before I even knew that the neighbors had an older daughter!

Tonight, turn off the tv, stay away from the computer, turn on the porch light and go outside and visit with the people on your street.

What else are you doing for National Night Out?

No comments: