Monday, January 14, 2008

Week Two, Part Two - No Spend January

So I thought the weekend would be pretty uneventful, and it was. I still ended up spending money, though. Nothing extra, nothing more than I had really planned, it's just that I cringe every time I see the grocery bill.

Sunday, I filled the gas tank to the tune of $56.19. Ouch. Then I went to the grocery store, to the tune of $141.25. Ouch again, although this was for two and a half weeks, so it's not that bad, I suppose. Then I stopped at the Milk Store and that was another $10.46 for two gallons of milk.

Today, and I am ashamed to admit this, I finally mailed my Dad's Christmas gifts. That was $10.85 at FedEx. The box got moved for a Christmas Party, and I didn't notice it until after Christmas, and I have no real excuse for not getting it mailed until today. It's been boxed up for a week or so riding around in my car. What can I say, I'm a flunky. And then back to the other grocery store (the first one didn't have veal or plum tomatoes, what's that all about?) for $24.21. Eleven dollars of that was soda for my husband at work.

We sure do eat a lot, but I enjoy cooking, so I don't mind that much.

Tomorrow I will have to stop at the Post Office, but that will only be $2 or so. I should be good for the rest of the week ... I have lunch ready and I don't see anything on the horizon.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to make $1700 ... that's a lot of jelly and sewing!

No comments: