Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's January 1, 2008. We survived another year, and welcomed 2008 in semi-grand fashion, with a house full of friends and a midnight dip into their (outdoor) hot tub for my husband. I am too cold, even in the summer, to even contemplate getting into a hot tub when it's 10 degrees outside. Call me crazy, but a member of the Polar Bear Club I will NOT be.

In the spirit of the New Year, everyone is talking about resolutions. I don't make them. I prefer to set a goal for the month/year/season and see if I can do it. I don't vow to exercise more, eat less ... not for me.

For January, I've decided it's a no-spend month. This means that the only money we spend will be from the gift cards given to us, or on bills (gas, electric, etc) or on things that we truly need, not want. It really makes you think about what you're buying and why you're buying it.

In February, we are talking about taking a long weekend and going to Wisconsin Dells with the kids for a mid-winter break.

In March, The Husband will take Q to Arizona to visit his (The Husband's) grandparents. They are in their 80's ... there may not be too many more chances to visit, so we're doing it now. The Bee went with her Dad two years ago, so now it's Q's turn.

Today, we filled the gas tank in my car (gulp) to the tune of $56.78. I hate the gas station. Granted, I was at an eighth of a tank, but I still hate it.

I'm off to spend the rest of a lazy day with my kids and husband. I like January 1st.

Grand Total spent in January: $56.78 (which, is the keys 45678 in a row - nice start!)

No comments: