Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Week Three - No Spend January

For the last week, this is what I spent:

Thursday, I spent $7.01 on prescriptions for my upcoming dental procedure. I like the Blue Cross drug card.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were spent at home, laying low, so nothing was spent.

Monday I spent $4.04 on a cup of coffee! Yikes. I was considering it a treat after the previous three days. I shouldn't have, I didn't need it.

Tuesday I spent $2.80 on food since the soup I brought for lunch wasn't enough. I don't know if I have mentioned it yet, but if I ever eat soup again at any time within the next four months, I may be sick. I'm tired of soup, it's all I've been eating for almost a week.

Today - ack! I spent $42.75 on gas, $34.06 on supplements and $8.54 on milk. I also spent $17.23 on fabric at Hobby Lobby for a baby blanket and hat. The baby shower is on 2/2, so I had to get the fabric now, otherwise I would have waited. I paid with cash for everything except the gas. That'll be really nice in February when the statement comes in.

I will have to run to the store tomorrow and pick up dish soap ... I thought I could last the month, but I guessed wrong. After that, I think I'm good until the end of the month.

My Grand Total for the month is ... $527.51. Not too bad, and I think the only thing I've charged is gas, everything else was cash or a check. Cool.

1 comment:

mary said...

Maybe I should play along with you. Although I think we have been doing the don't spend any money for a really long time and I am about to go out of my friggin mind deciding if I really need that 50 cent newspaper. Thank god for zoo and museum memberships, it gives us stuff to do without spending money.