Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Week Two - No Spend January

Hmm ... this is tough. Not the no-spending part, but the tracking part.

January 5: $4.57 at the O'Hare Oasis on our way back from the airport.
January 6: $11.38 at Borders for calendars and what not ... DH had $80 in gift cards/store credit to spend, so he got a pile of books too.
January 7: $4 at the car wash because I couldn't see, and I figure the $4 there is cheaper than my $500 deductible; $78.72 at the grocery store for the week. It should last a bit longer than that, though. Did I also mention that I am doing the Great Freezer & Pantry Cookdown. Over the last two months we seem to have acquired an odd assortment of ingredients and random pieces of meat. January is typically one of the three months during the year when we do the Great Freezer & Pantry Cookdown. I'm not sure why I have a jar of plum jam in the pantry, but I'll be using it next week!
January 8: I returned the crack filler, and then spent an additional $1.06 for some batteries. Watch batteries are so expensive, especially if you consider their size - the size per dollar ratio is not in favor of the dollar.
January 9: I returned some things at Target and got $10.03 back. I did spend $43 at Michaels, on a gift card, to finish a project that I had started and some things for the kids to paint. I also spent $6.14 at Jewel for dinner - the first store didn't have what I needed.


That is $95.84, plus what I've already spent. I don't anticipate going anywhere or spending any money Thursday or Friday this week, and the weekend is looking pretty harmless too.

No comments: