Sunday, October 14, 2007

still about me

It's interesting ... I think I may have ended a friendship last night. Unintentionally, but still ended a friendship.

I don't know how to feel about this. I guess that if she is willing to let seven or eight years of being friends go away because I called her on talking smack, maybe it wasn't a real friendship at all.

Although, I am sort of proud of myself for standing up and saying something, which is not something I normally do. I'm a fence walker, as she likes to say. I don't tend to pick a side and go with it, usually because I don't care. But, last night, from me, it came forth. Probably not the best timing, but I figured if it would save the four of us from a very unwanted bar fight, it needed to be said. I've made it twelve legal drinking years so far and managed to avoid a bar fight, and I'd like to keep it that way. Call me silly.

It's just a very weird feeling ... I would not at all take back what I said, because no matter what I said or how I said it, I would have been wrong in her eyes. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I really hope I still have a friend when this is all done.

No comments: