Monday, October 01, 2007

home

Well, my sister and my nephew are home. I took them back to the halfway point this past Saturday, and of course, I cried. It was so nice to have my sister around, and of course, Nephew #2 was so much fun. Of course my sister and I didn't get along the entire time, there were ups and downs and a couple of rough spots, but overall, it was so nice to have them here. I don't know when I'll see them again ... I'm hoping to see them once more before Christmas and the snow starts to fly around the lake.

So, we're now settling back into a house of four. The kids ask when they're coming back, and talk about how much fun he was. I'm glad that they can get together like this ... it's good for them. I know that I have some fantastic memories of my cousins and I playing (and fighting) together, making up our own adventures, living out the lives of superheroes and what not.

It's almost too quiet, and the ride back from the Michigan/Indiana border was definitely too quiet. No little feet behind my seat, no jabbery jibberish comments either. My sister talked the entire time she was here, so that was quiet too. I only had Q with me, so he filled some of the space. It was nice to have time for just the two of us. We stopped and had whatever it is you eat at 3 in the afternoon at a McDonalds, and I let him order a strawberry shake. We chatted on the way home, he pointed out the sights, made guesses about what people were doing, etc. We made it to church on time for the annual Beef Supper, so that was a nice way to end the night. I fell into bed that night exhausted, and that carried through to Sunday. And Sunday night. And the rain that chased two littles out of their beds and into mine. So The Bee and I slept on the floor in my room last night, and I have no idea when Q joined us ... he was there when I woke up at 6am.

Hoping for an early night tonight, having to work tomorrow. In addition to a Room Parent Meeting at school at 6:30, Q has to be at a party at 6. So The Husband will take them, and I'll go to the meeting. And so it goes. I wonder if this will be the start of the "passing in the night" that I hear about - Mom goes this way, Dad goes that, and we're all lucky if we recognize each other at the end of the week.

The month of October is pretty much full for us ... I'm hoping to catch a breath now and again.

And hoping to get a camera soon ... I'm missing mine!

No comments: