Saturday, June 30, 2007

vacation funnies

We're on a small vacation, to the Detroit area, and, believe it or not, we ended up at a park today. Not that Illinois doesn't have parks, but two kids that hadn't napped, stuck in a hotel room with one tired & hot mama, wasn't working. I wandered down the hall, got the rest of the group - one aunt, one cousin and her three kids (5, 3 and 1) and the other cousin's wife and two of their three kids (13 stayed behind, 7 and almost 3 went with). Off to the park we went.

We got lost trying to get there, but found it.

So, the two girls were swinging with my aunt - the girls are both three.

I was pushing the boys, both age 5, on the big kid swings. The girls were on the baby swings. There was also a girl, we discovered her 7th birthday is tomorrow, that was helping push the girls.

She offered to push The Bee, but she was yelling for me. My Aunt said, "thats okay, her mom will come help her."

The Girl asked, "Which one is her Mom?"

My aunt pointed me out to her, and then she asked, "Well, how come her hair is nappy (pointing to me) and hers (pointed to The Bee) isn't?"

My Aunt said that it took everything in her not to laugh. She didn't have an answer for her either.

And, what makes it even funnier, is that the girl that was asking only had 3/4 of her hair braided, and the rest hadn't been done yet, but had obviously been combed out, and was quite large too.

You've gotta love kids.

No comments: