Thursday, March 18, 2010

it's that time of year

Where The Husband and I disagree about Q's shoes.

He says I buy him sissy shoes that are going to get Q made fun of or get his ass kicked by kids at school.

I say that they're mass produced Old Navy deck shoes, they're available for everybody, what's the big deal?

We've been having this argument since Spring 2005, when I bought Q a pair of blue deck shoes with a fun hibiscus print. That brought about an argument at my in-laws house, and my belief that my husband needs to let it go. They're shoes. It's a long argument, and there's a bit more to it than this, like my husbands belief that it's cool to wear Hawaiian print in the middle of winter, with shorts, to the mall, but that my son's shoes are going to get his ass kicked. One is cool, the other obviously not. It's a matter of opinion, and I've never known anyone to be teased about the shoes that they wear. I can't recall a single pair of shoes from any of my schooling that sticks out in my mind.

However, the magenta tights that Patty wore in high school, those I remember ....

No comments: