Thursday, March 04, 2010

Is Spring on it's way?

I sure hope so.

I spent a good portion of the time this winter actually being disappointed that the huge snow storms didn't get us. Not to say that we didn't get snow, but they were always predicting feet of snow, when all we ever got were inches. I seriously wanted a foot of snow.

I wanted the world to stop, or at least slow down.
I wanted a world of white mountains and drifts, and fires in the fireplace.
I wanted days of soup and stew and chili.
I wanted to hunker down, wherever that phrase came from.

So now, we've had our usual early March warm up, just enough of a tease, to remind us that Spring is kind of around the corner. I'm sure we'll have our usual cold snap and hopefully one last snow.

But, for now, we've got blue skies, melty snow, squishy yards.

And brown. Yucky brown grass. What snow is left is grey and brown and ugly.

So, for me, spring can't get her soon enough now that it's brown. And ugly.

Yes, I know, we need the yucky brown days so we can better appreciate the beauty of spring, but I don't have to like it. It's part of our lovely weather pattern in this part of the country, the weather pattern I've been a part of for 35 years now ... and I still don't like this time of year, after the snow melts but before the green flies.

Here's hoping for a quick greening up when it happens.

No comments: