Monday, July 14, 2008

What is the Mother of Invention?

Or maybe it should be, Who Is?

Actually, I don't know who it is or what it is. All I know is that I'm too cheap to get what I really want, one of these. So, I bought a $0.99 Tazo Iced Tea, which is a treat for me these days, and I turned it into my reusable water bottle.

Reduced - yes
Reused - yes
Recycled - in the end, when it has lived it's life, yes
Repurposed - sure did

Since, in reality, it's an empty tea bottle, I don't care if it gets left behind on accident.

Not that we ever leave anything behind.

No, not us.

And, for the ultimate in Cheap Mommy Fashion, I took one of the 942 errant kids socks I have, and turned it into a koozie for my water bottle. And, since I have a few additional socks laying in a pile upstairs in my room, I could probably coordinate my bottle cover with my clothing, should I choose to.

Not bad for a $0.99 tea bottle.

Any other resourceful, repurpose it, reuse it ideas out there?

1 comment:

mary said...

love this becky. Hope you are all well. We are in the midst of summer craziness.