Wednesday, July 30, 2008

two things

And I'm not sure I want either.

1. I discovered a possum living between our shed and our house tonight. Yuck. It looked at me with it's beady black eyes from the spot it has commandeered. He/she is definitely a most unwelcome guest, and can go away at any time. My biggest hope is that it isn't a pregnant female, ready to populate my yard with her beady eyed littles.

--- and ---

2. Our family now owns a Hannah Montana cd. The Bee is 4, and has never watched this show before, but every time we go out and she sees her, she yells out her name. And believe me, Hannah/Miley is everywhere - tshirts, folders, backpacks, signs in the store. The Bee has been saving her money, and when Q used his money to buy a computer game tonight, she decided she wanted to go and buy the HM cd. So, as much as I am opposed to the marketing machine and all that, we agreed to let our 4 year old buy a cd. The music isn't bad, and the message seems to be pretty positive, but why do I feel like such a crap parent over this one, like it wasn't the best decision we could have made?

No comments: