Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Husband ...

He may be getting a little bit green!

We were at Hobby Lobby yesterday, killing time between dinner and picking up the kids from a birthday party, and of course I headed back into the fabric department. They have their Christmas prints out already, and I saw a plaid that I already have in a pair of pajamas. They happened to be in the Christmas rack, although I don't think my pajamas are particularly Christmas-y. Any hoo ... he looked at me and said, "You know what would be cool? If we bought this fabric and made bags for our Christmas gifts with it." And he had this really sort of dreamy, don't-I-have-a-good-idea look on his face.

Then I broke it to him that I bought a bunch of fabric this past January (one yard of five different fabrics for $5) for that exact purpose - I just haven't gotten that far yet. And, since I'm on a finish what you've got before you get anything new kick, I suppose I'll be working on those things this fall too.

It's funny ... the last time I made a bunch of fabric gift bags he looked at me like I was weird. I wonder what the difference is this time, other than the idea was his?

Maybe my green goings on are having an impact.

Next, he'll probably hope his "save for retirement" goings on will do the same for me.

No comments: