Monday, July 21, 2008

can you be too green?

Okay, so my green-ness may be getting away from me. I don't even know what posessed me to do this, it just sort of popped into my head.

I have just cut up my grandma's old living room shears and turned them into five reusable produce bags for the grocery store.

The shears were in the fabric bin already, and there was no intense emotional connection to them - it was just pretty, lightweight fabric that I figured I'd use one day. Well, today was the day.

I also weighed a plastic bag with three peaches and my fabric bag with three peaches, and the weight difference was only 0.4 ounces. It's not a huge difference at all. Even if I use all five bags in one shopping trip, it will only be a two ounce difference. Not enough to notice for me.

I wonder how many goofy looks I'll get when I go to the grocery store in two weeks? Reactions from the cashiers?

No comments: