Friday, February 29, 2008

Above Freezing

It was finally above freezing today, and not raining, with the sun shining. I don't know when we had that combination last ... so we took advantage of it.

While I vacuumed out the car (and found 36 cents and my Burts Bees peppermint chap stick) the kids got their bikes out and rode up and down the sidewalk and through the slush today. We were joined by the Neighbor Girl shortly thereafter, literally bundled up to her eyeballs, and we were out playing for over an hour. How wonderful it was.

I suppose the weather will be horrid tomorrow - rain, sleet, snow, ice - something not pleasant. But after today, I don't think I care ... it was just so nice to be outside and in the fresh air.

Maybe I'll start planning a garden this weekend.

Naah ... maybe not. I'll just end up ready to go and unable to do anything for six more weeks. I'll start the thinking process instead.

No comments: