Thursday, July 12, 2007

Todays Version of "All I Want"

Is time to sit with a hot cup of coffee and a clear table and my sewing machine.

I'm really itching to "make" these days, and am having trouble making the time for myself to do it. I suppose I could do it, after the kids are in bed, the kitchen is cleaned up, the laundry is folded and the living room tidied ... but I'm just too darn tired by then. I could just plunk the kids in front of the TV, but I'm not a big fan of that either.

So ... not that I'm expecting much to come of it, just making my wants known. I know that I SHOULD be making time for ME, but sometimes it's really hard to do. Maybe if I acknowledge it, and make it public, it'll flip the me switch on.

If I had time, I would make:

  • Nephew #1's Star Wars bag
  • A shoulder bag/hobo bag for me ... I've got an idea and don't know if it would work
  • Four berry jam ... very scrumdelicioso
  • Cloth gift bags for Christmas
  • I would finish the snow lady pillow I started last year
  • Turkey place mats that I have been eyeing in the Pottery Barn catalog for too many years now ... I've got the fabric, I just need to do it.
Off the top of my head, I think that is all that I've got the "ingredients" for ... I've got a whole crafty room upstairs waiting for me.

*Big Sigh*

I really can't complain though, I've been spending a great fun amount of time with the kids, playing and watching them enjoy the summer days ... too soon for them, summer won't be as much as it is now.

Maybe the cup of coffee I'm drinking now will get me through a little creative spurt tonight.

If not, there's always next week.

No comments: