Thursday, July 19, 2007

everyone else is doing it

As I think the entire world knows, tomorrow at the stroke of midnight is the release of Book 7 in the Harry Potter Series. I pre-ordered this book, as I have done in the past, but have never gone to a book release shindig.

I'm going tomorrow. Crazy me.

I have to stop at Borders any time after 9am to pick up my wristband so I can get my book later that night. Then, I'll head back up to Borders, who knows when, and hang out with everyone else and wait for my book. Hopefully, I'll get my book and be able to get back home without someone ruining if for me.

I seriously think that if someone would yell out the ending, or give away some big part of the book, I think I might have to want to punch them. And yes, I'm one of those people that can't believe that people fight over hot new, must have electronics the day after Thanksgiving, but if someone wrecks this book for me, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

Will I know if they are telling the truth or not, no, not until I get to the end of the book, but still. You just don't do that.

And, here's the kicker, the only other thing I have EVER stood in line for - Jimmy Buffet tickets for Alpine Valley.

Harry Potter. Jimmy Buffet.

Jimmy Buffet is playing in Tinley Park (I think) Saturday night. I'll be reading about all of Harry Potter's adventures. I'd really like to be hanging out with all the other Parrotheads singing about Cheeseburgers and the carefree life. But ... I'm hoping to get the book read before I have to go back and face the real world again (Monday at work) and just pray that nobody lets the ending go.

And, since we all "know" that two people die ... maybe thats a load of crap too, just to get us all worked up and thinking ... maybe nobody dies, maybe everybody does.

Let's think on it:

  • Harry - can you kill the hero of your book and ever expect to show your face in public again? It's kind of like Who Shot JR? People would be seriously pissed off at JK Rowling.
  • Ron - the hero's faithful sidekick? He can't have bumbled along this far only to eat it in the end, did he?
  • Hermoine - the other faithful sidekick? She's almost too smart to die, but if she did, I would hope it wasn't in a stupid fashion.
  • Hagrid - everybodys favorite giant game keeper. If he hasn't been eaten by anything yet, I would assume he's safe.
  • Snape - the one we all want to hate, but should we?
  • Mr. Dursley - the Uncle we all do hate
  • Mrs. Dursley - the Aunt we want to hate, but not as much as the Uncle
  • Dudley - the person we all knew in high school and did hate
  • Mr or Mrs Weasley?
  • Ginny Weasley?
  • Neville Longbottom - I think that something amazing is going to come from him. I have no idea what it is, but I think it may be good.
  • Mrs. McGonagall - everyones favorite teacher, very no nonsense
  • Dobby - I have to throw that one out there
  • Lucius Malfoy? I have to say though, I really like the long, white blonde hair, even if his character is basically an ass
  • Draco Malfoy? He's the obnoxious kid we all knew from school
  • Voldemort - we all want him to die, because if he does, then Harry lives. What if he doesn't?

And then, to think, that I'm even hopping on the Harry Potter blog about it bandwagon. It's almost like I'm hip and with it or something. Or, just a big dork. I'd vote for the 2nd.

We'll see how it turns out ... and if you hear of a basically normal suburban mom going off the deep end and 'opening up a can' on a book spoiler, it might just be me.

No comments: