Monday, July 30, 2007

Garden Action

The hosta that has been eaten back to never before seen levels
















Our very first tomato of the season ... and it was a yummy one too!















One of our many "zukes" (as my mother called them) ... after three days of rain it was almost three times this size. And it made a mean loaf of zukey bread too!
















Tomorrow, we plan on making a 'Michigan Run' for some blueberries! Hopefully the picking is good! I'm also hoping that my Dad can meet us at the blueberry farm for lunch ... it's just past the halfway point for me ... a bit closer for him. Nothing like 300 miles round trip in the name of good berries.

We've met my Dad for berry picking before ... my Dad is a very fun "Poppy" ... and the kids really have a good time with him. I'm trying to help make memories for all of them, and with my Dad being four hours away, the opportunities aren't always there, so we have to try a bit harder for them, and definitely take them when we can get them. I have always wanted to live closer to my Dads (I have two), for a variety of reasons, but now that I have kids, the ache is more common.

But enough of that tonight ... no melancholy for me, at least not tonight, I've got a road trip to get ready for.

No comments: