Friday, September 26, 2008

score!

I may have scored at a garage sale this morning.

My Mother In Law is in search of a daybed for the spare bedroom for The Girls. I happened to see one at a garage sale in my subdivision this morning, so I stopped.

Well, she didn't get the bed, but I saw three large tubs of canning jars under a table in the garage. Woo Hoo!

I ended up bringing home one dozen large mouth quart jars, a half gallon wide mouth jar, and two dozen smooth sided pint jars. I also brought home ten of the slip top jars for storage. These may be fairly old, of the 'vintage' era, whatever that may be. I just think they're cool - if a jar can be pretty, these are them.

I also cleared out her stash of cloth napkins and three table cloths that match. I don't think I'll ever use the tablecloths (they're plaid, and my eating area curtains have vertical stripes), but the twenty four cloth napkins will come in very handy around here.

No comments: