Sunday, September 14, 2008

rain

It feels like it's been raining forever. I think we got something like six inches of rain yesterday, which is being followed up by more rain today. It's supposed to dry out this week, which is a good thing.

Our basement had a water problem yesterday, which gives me this week to tear out the basement carpet and clean a cement floor. I also get to buy an area rug. Because my list of "home improvements" wasn't long enough, ya know. That, and I have an endless supply of money to do all these things with.

I'm also tempted to toss my kids out into the rain and let it wash the snark out of them. They are having a serious case of the aggravate-each-others.

I am just a bunch of good cheer today, aren't I? Blech. I am never moving to the Pacific Northwest - I'll go back on a vacation, but I'm never living there.

And yes, while I'm sure that if someone happens to stumble across me, they'll think me an insensitive little snot, complaining about my bit of rain, when there are people in Galveston and Houston, and all parts in between, having lost everything in feet of water, that definitely won't clean up anytime soon or as easily as a ripped out carpet. I get it. I know. I'm aware. I know it could be worse, and that in the whole scheme of things, my problems are miniscule, but this is my pity party, and I'm the hostess, so I'll let it be for now. My pity parties tend to be short lived anyway.

No comments: