Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back on a schedule

So, it's only Week 2 of Summer Vacation, and we already need to be back on a schedule. This whole idea of "ooh, let's just see what the day brings us and run with it" isn't working, at least for us. I think, by nature, that The Husband and I, created kids that need the structure. They're not totally lost with free time, but the seemingly endless free time we've had going on was starting to get to them. And me.

So, I decided, since I work on Tuesday & Thursday, that the other week days will have a plan.

Mondays will stay our Staying Home Day - the day I've always used to clean up after the weekend, to do laundry, vacuum, make bread, etc. I tend to like Mondays, even if they are busy working sort of days.

Wednesday is now our Field Trip Day. It's our day to have an adventure of sorts. Today we went to a local Farm, and checked out their chickens and goats. And I bought some really good Buckthorn Honey. Yum. I can't wait to have toast in the morning. Next week, we're meeting friends at the Dollar Movie at the mall. So what if we've already seen it - it's a dollar and we're out, with friends, having fun. It makes it so we can see the movie and have lunch.

Friday is going to be our Library Day, which I think I'm going to alternate with days at the Farm, because they have Story Time on Fridays at 11:00 and 1:30. The library has a great kids section, and as long as I know what I'm looking for, I can leave them there for the three minutes it takes me to run and get my own book. Plus, I can't resist the Used Book Racks. It's like a treasure chest every time I go there.

The weekends are just the weekends ... June is already booked and so is half of July and half of August. I don't know how it happens, but all of a sudden, BAM! and the weekends are full. I'm already looking at the middle to end of August, which is right before school starts back up. It's strange, because school just let out two weeks ago, and I'm already looking at when it starts back up. I hope I get to enjoy the time between the two events.

So that's what we've got going on for the summer ... any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

No comments: