Friday, December 21, 2007

Papa's Coming to Town

My Dad will be here tomorrow! Wahoo! It will be the first Christmas I've spent with him in five years! He flies in tomorrow and will be staying with us for two weeks.

Today was the usual end of school/start of winter break for the kids. They had a day care party in the morning, and then Q had kindergarten today. While our class doesn't officially celebrate Christmas, me and the other Room Parent brought a craft and snacks today. I think it went well ... all the years of me working in Parks/Recreation/Museums came into play.

So, the fudge is cooling on the stove. The Rum Balls are sitting out overnight, per the directions. The brownies will be baked tomorrow. I will brave the early crowds and pick up two forgotten gifts at Kohls, and one "we have no place to put it so buy it at the last minute" from Target. This may not be fun, but I can hope for the best.

The Daughter and I will be going to my cousin's performance of The Nutcracker, while The Husband and The Son pick up The Father from O'Hare. Let's hope that the fog lifts and his flight is not delayed. My husband is a patient man, but I still wouldn't want to be hanging around the airport with a five year old waiting for a flight to land.

We're having chili for dinner tomorrow, if anybody cares. Chicken pot pie on Sunday.

And, I almost forgot, I got my blood test results back, and my cholesterol is 169! Hot diggity! It hasn't been this low in years, even when I was an anemic vegetarian. And I don't even eat oatmeal.

Enjoy the weekend - don't get too caught up in the last minute stuff to forget to take some time for yourself and your family and friends. Don't just get ready for it, but enjoy it.

No comments: