Thursday, September 06, 2007

Wacky Wednesday

I don't think that yesterday could have gotten any wackier. Or if it could have, I'm glad it didn't.

The day started off as an average Wednesday, I sent Q with The Husband to The Office so he could take Q to school at 11:45. I had agreed to take G & G to the airport for the return flight to Arizona. As of 8:00, no problems.

8:15 - Problem 1 - I forgot that the furnace guy was coming to clean and service our furnace (they are usually so good at giving reminder calls!) ... so no shower for me then. I opened the door with what must have been a look of utter panic, because the first thing I blurted out was "Oh God, I forgot about you. I have to leave at 9:00!" He told me he would hurry and sure enough, he had a check in hand at 8:55. I zoomed past him at 9:00 as he was sitting at the curb, just up the street. most likely waiting for his next stop. Problem 1 Solved.

9:05 - Problem 2 - The Bee is insisting that I take her home to go potty. I told her no, we couldn't do that, but she could go at the hotel. No. She cries. She screams. We go to the hotel.

9:15 - arrive at the hotel. G & G are in the lobby with Mimi (The Husband's Mom). Mimi offers The Bee a donut, which she declines. This should have been a HUGE tip off of what was to come, as she NEVER passes up chocolate. I walked her down to the potty, which she had finally agreed to do. As she's on the potty, we're talking about whatever, and she proceeds to arch her back and pee all over her underwear. Beautiful. I left her in there, asked Mimi to go sit with her while I went out to the car for Outfit #3 (the first had yogurt, and the second had pee). This solved Problem #2, but created Problem #3.

9:20 - Problem 4. After she got dressed, I went to the bathroom. As I was coming down the hall to the lobby, I noticed pink all over the floor, and my first thought was "Where did she get juice from - I hope her clothes are dry." WRONG. Vomit. All over the lobby, all over her. And, just for Mommy, one more shot all over the lobby. Lovely. "Welcome to the Hampton Inn and Suites, please ignore the crying preschooler just to the right of the entrance, and especially ignore the scent of Frankenberry Laced Vomit. How will you be paying for your stay today? We're so glad you chose us."

So we got this all figured out - The Bee went home with Mimi, after I gave her my carseat, and I took G & G to the airport. Normally, it wouldn't be a huge deal, except that Gpa was adamant about the fact that he arrive TWO HOURS before his flight. It was a 12:45 flight, so he wanted to be there by 10:45. He's also 77 years old, and not the quietest or most tactful.

Off to the airport we go - zoom zoom. Luckily, traffic was working with us instead of against us. I pulled up to the sky cap at 10:15, got them checked and the wheelchairs ordered. The police officer let me pull up closer to the curb for easier unloading. I got them out, their carry ons, and sent them in with instructions on where to go. Beautiful. In the airport at 10:30. But ... their hearing is horrible ... so I ran back to the police officer and asked, almost begged, if I could run in and see that they made it to the wheelchair holding area, just to be sure. I promised that was the only place I would go and I would be right back.

I ran in, they were in the right spot, one more hug and kiss for each of them, and back to the car I went. Big sigh of relief. Very big.

I made it home in time to take Q to school, back to pick up the Bee. She had been sick once more at Mimi's house ... and in a move of perfect timing, we had been home five minutes and then she proceeded to blast the kitchen floor, wall, cabinet, and in a move that I had never experienced, the spin to give Mommy a hug and blast her too.

Several different versions of that scene were repeated throughout the day ... although I can say, that my daughter handled it very well, and she was actually very good in spite of being sick.

G & G made it home safely and uneventfully. They called to thank me for such a great flight ... all I did was get them to the airport, I have nothing to do with weather or air travel.

And then, finally, at 9:00 last night, I got The Bee into bed, no more throw up.

She did get me up at 2:30 to tell me that she didn't think that her brother had brushed his teeth before bed because she didn't see his toothbrush on the counter (I had put it away) ... and then she needed someone to snuggle with her. So I grabbed my pillow and spent the rest of the night in her room.

To date, I have not gotten sick.

Let's hope that every Wednesday is not a wacky one.

No comments: