Friday, September 21, 2007

tomorrow can't come soon enough - upside and downside

I'm totally jazzed - I get to see my sister tomorrow! And my nephew! They'll be at our house for a week, until I take them back next Saturday. I am so looking forward to their visit. I can do without the goodbye scenes though. I suck at those. And you would think I might be good at it by now, seeing as I have been saying goodbye to people since I was seven. Nope. I still cry, almost every time.

The downside is the broken camera. We went and looked at them tonight, and one store had a semi-broken display model of one of the cameras we're interested in. So, we had to go to a different store to look at it. It's hard to compare cameras when one is sort of broken. Now, I need to sit down and make a spreadsheet to figure out who has what at what price and what not. This is way more than the last camera - oh, that will fit in my purse and/or the diaper bag, let's get that. And I would usually not mind if we did not have a camera, but tomorrow is Poppa's 77th birthday, and a good number of us will be there (4 of the 5 adult kids, 6 of the 10 grandkids, 4 of 4 great grandkids) so it would be really nice to have a camera. I think I'm borrowing my Father In Law's camera tomorrow - I just have to remember to get it from him when I pick up the kids in the morning.

Yep, that's right, no kids, house to ourselves, and I'm blogging and my husband is submitting one of his turns for an online game forum he's on. Woo Hoo! What a rockin' kidless Friday we have!

Back to the camera ... it's also a good thing I DID NOT send my husband by himself, because he would have come home with the Cadillac of cameras, to the tune of $3500. I'm not saying it's not a nice camera, because it is a very lovely camera, but I think that for us, a camera like that would be over kill.

So now I have to narrow it down to the Nikon D80 and the Canon Rebel XTi, with an upgraded lens.

Anybody have any thoughts on DSLR cameras? If so, leave me a note, I'd love to hear what you think.

1 comment:

mary said...

Go Nikon, Go nikon. Hope you are all doing well. I love the post of things heard at home. Annie and Maddie are the same so frellin' funny. Although not so much dick talk.