Monday, January 29, 2007

History via Music

I'll admit my age: 32. I will be matching digits this fall. Woo Hoo!

This means I was a sophomore in high school when Billy Joel released "We Didn't Start the Fire"

I was one of those kids (dorky?) that dissected the song word for word and looked up what I didn't understand. I think I thought that Edsel was a politican, not a car!

Click here to see an excellent interpretation of the song.

Click here for the lyrics, complete with links to people, events and what not.

Here is a website breaking it down into a timeline.

And, of course, Wikipedia.

Have fun!

1 comment:

mary said...

Hey, sorry it has taken me so long to reply. We should do coffee one day. Given my current state of cabin fever I suggest somewhere the kids can burn off some steam, or whatever it is that is making them so crazy. Maybe McDonalds playland? Email me your number and we can set something up. Mary