Friday, August 11, 2006

Playing Along

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, other than I feel like it ... it's my response to an email that ended up in my inbox earlier this week. I got it from a friend I'm WAAY overdue to talk to ... she got engaged and I'm so far out of the loop I didn't even know ... it's on days like that when I think I suck as a friend.

Any hoo ... here it is ... enjoy it for what it's worth, keeping in mind I did it late at night, when I was overtired and should have been being productive in other ways (mothers guilt in action, right there)


1. My ex still ... is probably spending an excessive amount of time in bars, hopefully he’s not sending a bunch of drugs up his nose anymore (I can hope positive things for him, can’t I?)

2. I am listening to ... the fan whirring on the laptop, Channel 5 News in the background and something somewhere is making a recurring drip type sound, I probably should investigate

3. Maybe I should ... do dishes and go to bed

4. I love ... a lot of things … fresh Michigan blueberries (I just froze 30 pounds of them!), when Jack comes in and gets in bed with me in the morning, the way Cara is learning how to talk, the thought of buying new, bigger boobs

5. My best-friend ... hmm … don’t know what she’s doing …

6. I don't understand ... geometry, but from what I’ve been told, you need geometry to be a hinge maker

7. I lost ... a lot of things … pick one … my virginity, a Madonna cd, a book of stamps (although I know where they are, I just can’t get to them), my pink and blue fuzzy sock, the cool pen I took from the bank

8. People say ... more than they should, usually without thinking …

9. The meaning of my name is ... couldn’t tell you, it’s probably Hebrew or something

10. Love is ... the name of those little comics of the short naked people in the newspaper that my mom used to cut out in the 70’s & 80’s

11. Somewhere, someone is ... singing karaoke? Eating ice cream?

12. I will always ... give too much of myself, in too many ways

13. Forever seems ... like a misnomer … sometimes it feels like forever, then, before you know it, it’s now, then we’ll be old

14. I never ever want to ... be sick enough that I need to be in the hospital. I’m not necessarily hospital phobic, but I’ve spent a lot of time as a visitor, and I’ve also read about super germs becoming resistant, and that scares the crap out of me. If I ever have another baby, I’d even consider doing that at home …

15. My mobile phone ... is on the kitchen counter, waiting for a phone call from an out of state relative, who is supposed to be in state

16. When I wake up in the morning ... I can’t believe how little sleep I got, I really need to stop reading or crocheting

17. I get annoyed when ... oh, you name it these days … usually at asshole drivers and people trashing the environment

18. Parties are ... not something that we go to much anymore, and if we do have them, they involve kids … and if we go to one that doesn’t involve kids, I feel like an old fuddy duddy because I don’t feel the need to make a complete ass out of myself and/or have sex or almost sex with my husband in a semi-public place … go figure!

19. My pet(s) is ... don’t have one, but the kids REALLY want a dog, so for now we’re dog sitting Zero, the neighbor dog, while they are in Pennsylvania

20. Kisses are the best when ... they have meaning, and are not just done out of habit or routine

21. Today I ... got up, went over and let Zero out, came home, got ready for work, dropped the kids off, went to work, earned a few bucks, picked up the kids, stopped and picked up some peaches (making jam this weekend, amongst other things), got home, let the dog out, made dinner, did Phase I of dishes, let the dog out again, played with the kids, was out in the garden looking for damn hookworms, put the kids to bed, and am now checking e-mail.

22. Tomorrow I will ... do the same thing I did today, except the part about picking up some peaches, since I already have those. I may stop at the recycle bin, and I have to take the garbage out in the morning. Wooh, the wild suburban life!

23. I really want ... a day to myself so I can finish all the things I have started, without feeling like a crappy ass parent, depriving my kids of their mom.

So, anyone encouraged to have kids, now?!?


Have a good night!

No comments: