Saturday, July 15, 2006

Play Doh

My initial thought about Play Doh is that it smells wierd. Then my mind wanders to that news blurb I had heard about Eau de Play Doh or something like that.

I remember playing this with my Dad when I was a kid, and I remember I always wanted him to play because he was always the "softener upper" - he would sit and mish and mash the play doh back and forth until it became workable ... ready for my Barber Shop or McDonald's burger maker set.

Well, since my kids have discovered the joy of Play Doh ... I have re-discovered the joy of being the softener upper ... there is somthing to be said about sitting there, talking with the kids, and working a piece of Play Doh, back and forth, until it's nice and soft. It could almost be a form of therapy, if I didn't have to "remind" the kids about table manners and what not.

Now if I could only do something about the smell ...

No comments: