Saturday, May 12, 2007

pre Mothers Day post

Tomorrow is Mother's Day ...

This is an interesting time of year for me ... I celebrate the birth of my son - his birthday was last week - and I am the parent of a 5 year old! That is another post all in itself.

There is also Mother's Day. I celebrate the joys, heartaches, frustrations, laughs, lessons, hugs, songs, kisses, stories, dirty knees, runny noses and questions that being a mother has given me.

I celebrate my Aunts. My Mother in Law. My sister. My grandmas. Myself. My Mom.

But, she's not here, with me, by my side in the physical sense, where I want her.

This is a rough week for me, it has been for a few years now.

It's hard to take the joy from what you've got when the day seems to weigh so heavily at times.

I am thankful that I had her for my first 25 years. I only wish I could have had her for 25 more.

For all the Moms out there, for all the important women in your life: hug them, thank them, love them, honor them. Contrary to the Marketing Machine, it doesn't have to be anything fancy ... just let them know that you care, that you appreciate them and that you love them.

Happy Mothers Day.

No comments: