Sunday, March 18, 2007

blepharospasm

Isn't that a fancy word?

In most peoples world, it means involuntary twitching of the eye muscles.

My lower right eyelid has been doing it for almost two weeks now. The experts say that it is caused from one or more of the following things:

1. Caffeine
2. Lack of sleep
3. Dehydration
4. Eye stress

Let's see ... I'm a Mama with two small kids, a husband, a part time job, a house and am attempting to have a social life. I have also committed to a local support group.

I'm thinking that my eye is twitching for any number of reasons - I don't get enough sleep (if they'd stop coming in to bed with us at 3 am and talking, I'm sure I'd get more), so I drink way too much coffee to compensate for it. And then, since I'm basically only drinking coffee during the day and nothing else, I'm probably dehydrated. I also know that it has to STOP. It's driving me friggin insane. I can feel it when I'm talking to people and I know I'm making faces at them too. In fact, it's twitching right now. AARGH!

So, if you see a strung out, suburban mom with the caffeine shakes and a twitchy eye, it'll probably be me. In my dented car. With the fighting kids.

No comments: