Saturday, March 17, 2007

And the toilet runneth over ...

Because on a day when we have people coming over, I want to be scrambling around like a fool dealing with an overflowing toilet.

Well, that's what I got today, so it's a good thing I wished for something like that.

My day has been of debateable quality so far, and I'm in an iffy mood anyway. I've still got dinner to make, a dessert to make and the last minute tidy. I can't vacuum until the kids are up. Usually, I wouldn't care, but since people are coming over, they are taking naps today. My husband and I had a disagreement about pork chops if you can believe that ... and I don't want to do another friggin load of laundry.

Wednesday night, The Daughter pees out of her diaper. One load for the blanket, one for the sheets. One load of clothes that smell like pee.
Thursday, the kids flood the bathroom during their bath - one load of towels, one for the rug.
Thursday night, The Daughter again pees out of her diaper. One load for the other blanket, one for the sheets.
Saturday, the toilet, so another load of towels.

Can I just say "AARGH!"

Here's a picture of the offending toilet.

And, the kicker is, it was just pee. No poo. Not half a roll of paper. Just pee.

This is what my house looks like an hour and a half before guests arrive.


And to answer the other question, should I really be blogging if I have this much to do. Yes, I should be. I'm already this far behind in the game, whats another ten minutes going to do.

1 comment:

mary said...

mzarembski@yahoo.com
I would be happy to help you out with the tote bag. Let me know what you need and how soon. That would also mean we would have to lock in some time to get together!