Saturday, August 23, 2008

one last weekend

Before school starts on Monday.

The supplies have been bought, the laundry not yet done, back pack not yet packed, but it's our last weekend before school starts. Q will be a full time first grader on Monday, and The Bee starts 4 year old preschool.

Today we will be going to a friend who really lives out in the sticks, to spend the day and night with them, an afternoon of swimming in the pool and dinner on the grill, complete with sweet corn from todays Farmers Market. We'll come home tomorrow, and we'll just spend the day knocking around at home. There is a function I'm supposed to be going to, but I'm going to skip it and spend the day at home with my family.

Monday I'll be up at six, and get the kids up at 7:00, to be at school by 8:00, camera in hand.

*big sigh*

I wonder if it will be like this every year, getting ready to go back to school, amazed that it's the start of another year.

No comments: