Tuesday, April 01, 2008

milestones

While at the dinner table tonight, Q mentioned that his tooth hurt. He said something about biting a white cup (styrofoam ?) at school and now it was hurting. Well, just a few minutes ago, while brushing teeth, he mentioned it again. So, I checked, and sure enough, it's loose.

When his little mini-chicklet tooth wiggled, my heart sped up and then it dropped. Seriously.

He, on the other hand, jumped up and down and squealed (literally, squealed) with delight.

We came downstairs and told Daddy, who is of course, duly excited.

In the whole scheme of things, it's only a tooth. But it's my sons tooth - my first child has his first loose tooth and I feel like crying. He is upstairs right now, singing the joys of his loose tooth. His words, getting in to bed tonight, "Oh, I can't wait to tell everyone about my tooth. Well, except people that don't know me." He's so excited, and I feel awful for feeling awful.

He is convinced that his tooth will fall out by the time he turns six, which is in about six weeks.

We'll see how it goes. I may need somebody to hand me a kleenex.

No comments: