Saturday, December 02, 2006

100 Things About Me

Let's see if I can come up with 100 Things About Me:

1. My middle name used to be Lynn, before I changed my name after getting married.
2. My nephew and I now have the same middle name - my maiden name/my sisters last name.
3. I was born in 1974.
4. Had I been born in 1954, I would have been a disco diva, and quite probably been a coke head.
5. I wear a lot of stripes.
6. I am a Libra.
7. My mom died when I was 25.
8. I grew up on the same street, from the time I was two, until I moved out at 22.
9. I don't have the skill of playing an instrument.
10. I have had three pets in my life time - a cat and two gold fish (they lived three years each, the cat was much older)
11. When I was 22, my sister was 11, my parents were 44 and my grandparents were 66.
12. I would consider myself earthy.
13. I have the Wonder Woman logo tattooed on my lower back
14. My hair is naturally curly.
15. My hair did not get this curly until AFTER puberty kicked in.
16. After having kids, my feet got a slight bit bigger and my boobs got smaller.
17. I consider #16 to be extremely unfair.
18. I am saving my money to buy new boobs.
19. I have over forty cousins.
20. I have one husband and two children.
21. Most days, I want more children. One husband is enough.
22. My daughter was born on my bio-parents wedding date.
23. My bio-parents were married for eleven years before they got divorced.
24. Divorce scares me. I don't want to fall into that category, being a child of divorce and all.
25. I am a compulsive hair twirler/puller. It has a name: trichotillomania.
26. I went to the same High School that my dad and all his siblings did.
27. They still spelled my last name wrong on my High School diploma.
28. I have been a bridesmaid three times.
29. I went to college in Chicago
30. I lived and worked at home while attending college.
31. It took me six years to make up my mind and graduate college.
32. I am not working in the field that my degree is in.
33. I want to go back to school in the future.
34. I have never been in a bar fight.
35. I have never had sex in a movie theater.
36. I have never been arrested.
37. There are things I have done when I could have been arrested.
38. I am 5'7" , which is eight inches taller than my Mom.
39. I weigh the same now as I did before I got pregnant.
40. Of all my grandparents (eight), I still have three living.
41. I am being inconsistent with my punctuation use.
42. I still have my lower retainer bonded to my teeth.
43. I think Victoria's Secret charges way too much for underwear.
44. I have broken one bone - my jaw.
45. I have had surgery once - the birth of my son.
46. I have sat by somebodys side as they died.
47. I believe that you should not enter this world or leave this world alone.
48. I am afraid of dying before my kids are old enough to not need me as much - I have too much to tell them.
49. I have been to Europe.
50. I want to go to Egypt and ride a camel by the pyramids.
51. I drove to Minneapolis on a whim one night to go to the Mall of America.
52. I bought nothing at the Mall of America.
53. I like to drive fast.
54. The first car I owned was a 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix, with a broken gas gauge.
55. The first NEW car I owned is a dark blue 2002 Nissan Maxima.
56. I love my Nissan Maxima.
57. I don't have a favorite tv show.
58. The longest book I ever read was Roots, by Alex Haley.
59. I have been a vegetarian.
60. I have never been on a jury.
61. I occasionally smoke, if I'm with the right friends and have had enough to drink.
62. I have kissed a girl.
63. I wear glasses.
64. I am afraid to have laser corrective surgery done.
65. I had the DJ play KISS at our reception.
66. I only have one picture from our wedding on display.
67. When I vote, I split my ticket, between Republicans and Democrats.
68. I can sew.
69. I recently learned to make jam.
70. I can waste way too much time on the internet.
71. I don't like blow up yard decorations.
72. I eat spam once a year, in the same manner, every time - fried, with cheese on a toasted english muffin, and I drink Diet Pepsi.
73. I drink too much coffee and not enough water.
74. I am part of a fruit/vegetable co-op in the spring & summer months.
75. I don't know where our next vacation will be.
76. I have been in the car with a drunk driver, and it scared the crap out of me.
77. I have forgotten how to speak spanish.
78. I LOVE to write with Sharpie markers!
79. I make a mean loaf of banana bread.
80. I am always cold, and wear slippers from October to April when I'm at home.
81. In an effort to save money, I keep our thermostat at 68 during the day and 66 at night.
82. I have done stupid things at Jimmy Buffet concerts, in the name of free beer and/or tequila.
83. I have done stupid things at Jimmy Buffet concerts because I drank too much free beer and/or tequila.
84. I tend to forget when I have laundry in the washing machine.
85. I changed my major four times in college - nursing, communications, undecided, history and then finally, secondary ed history (I want to teach at the high school level).
86. I want to volunteer to teach English as a Second Language.
87. I'd like to be able to teach the GED classes at the local community college too.
88. I have seen KISS in concert at least six times.
89. I met my husband at a "hair band" concert because he was wearing a KISS t-shirt.
90. I have never maxed out a credit card.
91. I want to be the stop sign girl on a road construction crew, at least for a day.
92. I have been to Canada.
93. I am afraid of the state of the world - current events are scaring the shit out of me.
94. I love to get a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed.
95. I will not wax my nether regions.
96. I won't go to the bathroom in public, or at a strangers house, if it involves more than pee.
97. If I had $100,000, I would buy a $1000 Starbucks card so that long after we spent the money, I could treat myself to fancy coffee on occasion.
98. I am the Queen of the Cause - I won't throw it out, but will give it to charity or find a way to reuse it (ask me about the pink flanel pants) or recycle it. This creates problems at times.
99. I would like to participate in a craft fair one day.
100. I thought that 100 things about me would be easier than it was.

No comments: