Thursday, October 19, 2006

A new way to think about it

Yesterday was a sort of busy day at work, if you factor in visiting with a former co-worker who was back with her kids to visit. I had all sorts of plans, was going to run to Sam's Club at lunch so I didn't have to go after work, I was going to be EFFICIENT!

Yeah, right.

Didn't happen.

I ended up eating lunch at 2:00, at my desk, working around HR paperwork and the like.

I went to the bathroom before I left at 4:30, and did the usual once over. Hmm ... that looks like pepper in between my front teeth. Damn.

But, to look on the other side of the coin, the bright side of things, whatever you choose to call it:

Don't complain that your day didn't go as planned. Be glad you had lunch at 2:00 instead of 12:00, because it means that you only had pepper in your front teeth for two and a half hours instead of four and a half.

It's all about the peppercorn.

Remember the peppercorn.

No comments: